Coconut and Date Slice
- 1½ cups (210g) dried seeded dates, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) water
- 1½ cups (225g) self raising flour
- 1 cup (100g) crushed cereal biscuits
- ¼ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup (75g) brown sugar
- 90g butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp mixed spice
How To Make
- Place dates and water in a medium saucepan over high heat; bring to the boil; reduce heat and simmer until dates are pulpy and water has evaporated. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°c/160°c fan forced. Grease and line a 28cm x 18cm lamington pan with baking paper.
- Place flour, crushed cereal biscuits, coconut, sugar, butter, eggs and spice in the bowl of a food processor; process until well combined and mixture comes together. Divide in half; roll half on a floured surface, into a rectangle large enough to fit into prepared pan; trim edges; spread with dates. Roll remaining dough to a rectangle to fit over the dates; trim to fit neatly.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Fat, Total – 8.7g, Saturated 3.2g
Carbohydrate 36g, Sugars 18g
Dietary Fibre 3.93g