The Playing for Life activity cards use a game sense approach which is all about:
- Decision making and problem solving
- Communicating and collaborating
- Inclusion and challenge
- Modifying games, rules and equipment to meet the needs of the children playing
The activity cards have been mapped against the Australian Physical Literacy Framework to make it easier for teachers to identify games which develop the physical literacy elements their students need to work on.
What is Physical Literacy?
Physical Literacy is about building the skills, knowledge and behaviours to lead active lives. It is the holistic learning that gives children and young people:
- physical skills and fitness
- the attitudes and emotions that motivate you to be active
- the social skills to be active with others
- the knowledge and understanding of how, why and when you move