A HEALTHY TOMORROW FOR TODAY'S CHILDREN
In 2001, Nestlé Australia, in partnership with the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), developed the Nestlé for Healthier Kids School Program. The program is designed by teachers for teachers, aiming to improve nutrition and health knowledge, as well as promoting physical activity among school children.
Our program is a FREE interactive teaching resource. It has been created to achieve the content descriptions and achievement standards as listed in the Australia Curriculum for Personal Development, Health and Physical Education, as well as meeting the current curriculum outcomes for each of the Australian States and Territories. The program is a part of our global commitment and now operates in over 80 countries around the world, reaching 7 million school aged children. In Australia, we reach over 350, 000 school children each year.
WHY USE THIS RESOURCE?
- The Nestlé for Healthier Kids School Program provides teachers with relevant lesson plans that reflect an outcome based approach to student learning
- A FREE resource, easily accessed online
- Developed by teachers, for teachers
- Teach from interactive ready to go lesson plans, activities and worksheets
- K-6 with a particular focus on year 5 and 6 students
- Enquiry based resources
- Fun videos and games for kids
- Aligns with state and national PDHPE/HPE curriculum
- Dedicates areas for parents, kids and teachers
- Use of rubric
- Cross-curricula integration
- Inspirational Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) athlete videos and content
- In partnership with the Australian Sports Commission and Australian Institute of Sport
By joining our community, you will be kept informed of new content, promotions and other activities for the Nestlé for Healthier Kids School Program